That time I was helped by a food vendor

I want to tell you a story from when I was about 7 years old and I was still in the 2nd Grade of elementary school. The story starts as soon as I went home, during elementary school I went home after 1 p.m. I walked out with some group of friends to a nearby field to play football and just hang around. We played football for around an hour and a half. One by one my friends get picked up by their parents until I was only playing with my best friend. But it wasn't long before he was picked up too and I ended up sitting inside a gazebo with some parents and their kids eating siomay (or somay) and there was also the siomay vendor. I was sitting by my lonesome until around 4 p.m without any word from my parents (at the time I did not have a phone). I waited like a lost child, which at the time was quite a correct representation of my situation. Then, the vendor walked up to me, he asked "kid, where are your parents?", I was really sad at the time because I was not picked up by my parents yet so I just shook my head. "Do you know your parents' phone number?", he asked nicely. I nodded and he lent me his cellphone. Actually, I did not remember my parents' phone number, but I did remember the number for the restaurant that they work at. I dialed in the number, and one of my mother's colleague answered. I asked her if my mother or my father was there. She said yes, and called to them. My mother picked up the phone and asked me what's wrong. I just asked where she was, and told her I've been waiting for about 4 hours now. She seemed surprised and immediately apologized. She then proceeds to go with my dad to my school and pick me up. I hung up the phone and thanked the kind somay vendor, and while I was waiting he gave me a free plate of somay to pass the time. Apparently, my mother and father got an unexpected meeting from my grandpa and lost track of time. They said thank you to the somay vendor and gave him money for the plate of somay I got and some more money as thanks for taking care of me. I said goodbye to the somay vendor. To this day I regretted not asking for his name, although I don't know his identity, I will always be grateful for his deeds.
That was the story of how I was helped by a siomay vendor.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

All About Me

Introduction

My Dream, My Goal, My Future